The most complete and versatile corneal remodeling system on the world market
The Keraring intrathromal ring is an implantable precision device specially designed for the treatment of corneal ectasias and reduction of refractive errors associated with keratoconus.
- Keratoconus with corrected visual acuity and contact lens intolerance;
- Pellucid marginal degeneration;
- Corneal ectasias after refractive surgery (PRK, LASIK);
- Irregular astigmatism after radial keratomy (RK);
- High astigmatism after penetrating corneal transplantation;
- Post-trauma corneal irregularities.
- Acute keratoconus with keratometry> 70 D;
- Major central leukoma;
- Post-transplant penetrant, when the button is off center;
- Severe atopy;
- Recurrent corneal erosion syndrome;
- High expectation of emmetropia without correction.
MECHANISMS OF ACTION
- Corneal remodeling by addition of tissue: preserves corneal integrity;
- Topographical regularization and refractive correction preserving natural proton shape: reduces optical aberrations, improves visual acuity and tolerance to contact lenses;
- Displacement of the corneal apex to the pupillary center;
- Stabilization of corneal ectasia: delay corneal transplantation indefinitely.
VARIABLE OPTICAL ZONE
Keraring is available in two models (SI-5 and SI-6) for implantation in optical zones of 5.0, 5.5 and 6.0mm, adapting to the preference of the surgeon and the need of each case.
ARCH SEGMENTS AND VARIABLE THICKNESSES
Keraring offers 40 options of thicknesses, arch lengths and diameters, allowing greater customization of corneal remodeling and refractive correction.
EXCLUSIVE PRISMATIC DESIGN
The shape of the Keraring produces a prismatic effect by which light incident on the implant is reflected, avoiding glare and halos.
GREATER POTENTIAL OF REFRATIONAL CORRECTION
Keraring allows the correction of low, moderate and high degrees of myopia and astigmatism.
Keraring can be explanted at any time, allowing the cornea to resume its original characteristics. The procedure is reversible.
The refraction and topographic effects can be easily readjusted by the exchange and / or repositioning of the implant.
COMPATIBILITY WITH COMPLEMENTARY TECHNIQUES
The Keraring implant allows the synergistic combination with techniques such as collagen crosslinking, PRK, and implantation of phakic IOL.
HIGH SATISFACTION INDEX
Keraring patients present high levels of satisfaction, with great positive effects on their quality of life.
Because it is a minimally invasive surgical technique, it allows the patient to quickly resume normal activities. Topographic and refractory changes begin in three months, on average.
SURGICAL TECHNIQUE AND TRAINING
The Keraring implant is an easy-to-perform and performed procedure performed under topical anesthesia on an outpatient basis. The surgical instruments were specially developed for manual and femtosecond laser dissection technique. Before implanting Keraring, the surgeon must attend one of the accreditation courses offered by Mediphacos and its distributors. Ask for the updated course schedule or a personalized training at your own clinic.
NOMOGRAMS AND CONSULTANCY
The correct selection of Keraring size and position for each case is of great importance to the result. Based on statistical analyzes of thousands of results, Mediphacos periodically updates the calculation nomograms of the implant and offers permanent, high-quality consulting and technical consulting services.
- Material: Medical grade PMMA
- Models: Sl5 (optical zone 5mm) and Sl6 (optical zone 5.5mm or 6mm)
- Variable thickness: 150 μm to 350 μm (all models) in increments of 50 μm
- Variable arc length:
Sl-5: 90 °, 120 °, 160 ° and 210 °
Sl-6: 90 °, 120 °, 150 °, 210 °
- Presentation: 1 ring segment per carton.