Medilon is a viscoelastic solution for 100% synthetic intraocular use. Its unique polyacrylamide-based formulation imparts physical and chemical properties that make Medilon a different, safer, more effective viscoelastic and better suited to the needs of the latest surgical techniques.
Increased safety and efficacy
- Medilon does not cause inflammatory or antigenic reactions because it is a fully synthetic, biologically inert polymer, 100% free of animal or vegetable proteins.
- It has no cytotoxic, irritant or allergenic potential.
- Excellent performance in varied procedures (Cataract, Glaucoma, Retina and Vitreous, Corneal Transplant).
- Because it is highly water soluble, Medilon is rapidly and easily diluted by the aqueous humor and drained without causing intraocular pressure peaks.
- High viscosity, elasticity and molecular weight. Better space maintenance and tissue protection.
- Fully transparent: does not interfere with the surgeon’s visualization.
- Moderately dispersive: easily aspirated.
- Excellent adhesion to the surface of surgical instruments and tissues: greater protection against mechanical trauma.
- Medilon should be stored at room temperature.